Call to Tawhid

INDOCTRINATING THE FUNDAMENTALS OF AQÎDAH TO THE COMMON PEOPLE | SHAYKH MUHAMMAD

Started by Subul’us Salâm, 09.11.2022, 02:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Subul’us Salâm

تَلْقِينُ أُصُولِ الْعَقِيدَةِ لِلْعَامّةِ

Indoctrinating the Fundamentals of Aqîdah to the Common People1

Muhammad bin Abd'il Wahhâb Rahimahullâh

In the name of Allâh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

If you are asked, "Who is your Rabb (Lord)?"

Reply, "My Lord is Allâh!"

If you are asked, "What is the meaning of Rabb?"

Reply, "Rabb is al-Ma'bûd (the One Who is Worshipped), al-Mâlik (the Owner of Everything), and al-Mutasarrif (the One Who Manages or Conducts the Affairs)!"

If you are asked, "What is the greatest of His creations that you see?"

Reply, "The heavens and the earth!"

If you are asked, "With what do you recognize your Lord?"

Reply, "I recognize Him with His (miraculous) signs and His creations!"

If you are asked, "What is the most magnificent of His (miraculous) signs that you see?"

Reply, "The night and the day! The evidence of this is the statement of Allâhu Taâlâ,

"Indeed your Lord is Allâh, Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, and then He rose over the Throne. He covers the night with the day, (another night) chasing it rapidly, and (He created) the sun, the moon, the stars subjected to His Command. Surely, to Him alone belongs the creation and the command. Blessed is Allâh, the Lord of the worlds!" (al-A'râf, 7/54)"

If you are asked, "What is the meaning of Allâh?"

Reply, "The meaning of Allâh is the possessor of Ulûhiyyah (divinity) and Ubûdiyyah (servitude) over all His creations (the true Ilah)."

If you are asked, "For what did Allâh create you?"

Reply, "He has created me to worship Him!"

If you are asked, "What is worshipping Allâh?"

Reply, "Unifying Him and obeying Him!"

If you are asked, "What is the evidence for this?"

Reply, "The statement of Allâhu Taâlâ,

"I have not created the jinn and human beings except that they worship Me." (adh-Dhâriyât, 51/56)"

If you are asked, "What is the first thing which Allâh made obligatory upon you?"

Reply, "Disbelieving in the Tâghût and believing in Allâh! The evidence for this is the statement of Allâhu Taâlâ,

"There is no compulsion in the religion. The right path has become clear from the wrong path. So whoever disbelieves in the Tâghût and believes in Allâh has grasped the unbreakable Urwat'ul Wuthqâ (firmest handhold). And Allâh is Hearing and Knowing." (al-Baqarah, 2/256)"

If you are asked, "What is al-Urwat'ul Wuthqâ (the firmest handhold that is mentioned in the verse)?"

Reply, "It is (the statement) La Ilaha Illallâh (there is no -true- deity -worthy of worship- except Allâh). The meaning of (the section) La Ilaha (there is no -true- deity -worthy of worship-) signifies negation and the meaning of (the section) Illallâh (except Allâh) signifies affirmation!"

If you are asked, "What do you negate with this word, and what do you affirm with this word?"

Reply, "I negate everything worshipped besides Allâh and I affirm worshipping Allâh, the One who has no partner!"

If you are asked, "What is your evidence regarding this?

Reply, "The statement of Allâhu Taâlâ,

"And (remember) when Ibrâhîm said to his father and his people: Verily, I am free of what you worship." (az-Zukhruf, 43/26)

This is an evidence for negation.

"Except for He who created me." (Az-Zukhruf, 43/27) and this is an evidence for affirmation.

If you are asked, "What is the difference between Tawhîd'ur Rubûbiyyah and Tawhîd'ul Ulûhiyyah?"

Reply, "Tawhîd'ur Rubûbiyyah is the actions of the Lord; like creating, providing, giving life, giving death, sending rain, cultivating crops, and governing affairs...

As for Tawhîd'ul Ilâhiyyah, it is your actions, o servant! Like Du'â (supplication), al-Khawf (fear), ar-Rajâ (hope), at-Tawakkul (reliance), al-Inâbah (penitence), ar-Raghbah (aspiration), ar-Rahbah (apprehensive fear), an-Nadhr (vowing), al-Istighâthah (seeking rescue), and other forms of Ibâdah...

If you are asked, "What is your religion?"

Reply, "My religion is Islâm! Its essence and principle consist of two directives:

The first: The command of worshipping Allâhu Taâlâ alone without associating partners, encouraging this, basing the Muwâlât (collaboration) on it, and declaring Takfîr upon the one who forsakes it.

And warning against Shirk in Ibadâh (worship) to Allâh, being harsh regarding it, basing enmity upon it, and declaring Takfîr upon the one who acts upon it.

Islâm is established on five pillars:

Testifying that there is no -true- deity -worthy of worship- except Allâh,

Testifying that Muhammad Sallallâhu Alayhi wa Sallam is the messenger of Allâh,

Praying the Salâh,

Giving the Zakâh,

Fasting in Ramadhân, and

Hajj to the House (Ka'bah) if one is able to.

The evidence for testifying that there is no -true- deity -worthy of worship- except Allâh (which is the first pillar,) is the statement of Allâhu Taâlâ,

"Allâh bears witness that none has the right to be worshipped but He, and the angels, and those having knowledge (also give this witness); (He always) maintains His creation in Justice. None has the right to be worshipped but He, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise." (Âl-i Imrân, 3/18)

The evidence that Muhammad Sallallâhu Alayhi wa Sallam is the messenger of Allâh is the statement of Allâhu Taâlâ,

"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allâh and the last of the Prophets." (al-Ahzâb, 33/40)

The evidence for exclusive worship, Salâh, and Zakâh is the statement of Allâhu Taâlâ,

"And they were not commanded except to worship Allâh, (being) sincere to Him in religion, inclining to truth, and to establish prayer and to give Zakâh. And that is the correct religion." (al-Bayyinah, 98/5)

The evidence for fasting is the statement of Allâhu Taâlâ,

"O you who believe, fasting has been enjoined upon you as it was enjoined upon those before you, so that you may be God-fearing." (al-Baqarah, 2/183)

The evidence for Hajj is the statement of Allâhu Taâlâ,

"And pilgrimage to the House is a duty that mankind owes to Allâh- for whoever is able to find thereto a way. But whoever disbelieves - then indeed, Allâh is independent from the worlds." (Al-i Imrân, 3/97)

The fundamentals of Îmân are six:

You believing in Allâh,

His angels,

His books,

His messengers,

The final day,

The fate; its good and its bad.

Ihsân is worshipping Allâh as if you see Him. For although you don't see Him, He sees you."

If you are asked, "Who is your Nabî?"

Reply, "He is Muhammad the son of Abdullâh the son of Abd'ul Muttalib the son of Hâshim. Hâshim is from Quraysh. Quraysh are from the Arabs. The Arabs are the descendants of Ismâ'îl the son of Ibrâhîm al-Khalîl, may peace and blessings be upon our prophet and him (Âmîn)!

His homeland is Makkah and he migrated to al-Madînah. Nabî Sallallâhu Alayhi wa Sallam's lifespan was sixty-three years, forty of it before his prophecy and twenty-three years as a Nabî Rasûl. He became a Prophet with "Read!" (al-Alaq 96/1) and he became a Messenger with "The one who covers himself with a garment." (al-Muddaththir, 74/1)"

If you are asked, "Has he Sallallâhu Alayhi wa Sallam died, or not?"

Reply, "He has died! However, his religion has not died and will never die till the Day of Judgement! The evidence is the statement of Allâhu Taâlâ,

"Verily you (O Muhammad) will die, and verily they (too) will die. Then, on the Day of Resurrection, you will be disputing before your Lord." (az-Zumar, 39/30-31)

(If you are asked,) "When people die, are they going to be resurrected?"

Reply, "Yes! The evidence is the statement of Allâhu Taâlâ,

"From it (the earth) We created you, and into it We will return you, and from it We shall raise you up once again." (Tâ-Hâ, 20/55)

Whosoever rejects resurrection is a Kâfir! The evidence is the statement of Allâhu Taâlâ,

"The disbelievers claimed that they will never be resurrected. Say: Yes! By my Lord, you will certainly be resurrected, then you will be informed of what you did; and that is easy for Allâh." (at-Taghâbun, 64/7)

May Allâhu Taâlâ send abundant peace and blessings upon Muhammad, his family, and his companions!

1- Mu'allafât'ush Shaykh, 1/370-373; ad-Durar'us Saniyyah, 1/151-155.
"If the ignorant persists, gets haughty, is determined upon his transgression and misguidance, chooses blindness over guidance, and if what he falls into and disputes with regards to is Shirk Akbar (major Shirk) that brings the person who commits it out of the fold of the faction of Muslims to the party of polytheists, then in this case, the just verdict is the sword!" (al-Fath'ur Rabbânî min Fatâwâ'l Imâm ash-Shawkânî, 1/185)

🡱 🡳